Exclusive Cheap flight travel deals for Detroit
Flying to Detroit hassle free was never this easy! Vacay Flights bring you the best bargains when it comes to cheap flight tickets to Detroit by sending out regular updates and intimations to you. Our extensive network of trusted travel companies allows us to give you real time notifications every time there is a drop in flight ticket prices, so you can get the best deal on your travel plans to Detroit.
US Cities with Flights to Detroit
- Philadelphia to Detroit
- Denver to Detroit
- New York to Detroit
- Baltimore to Detroit
- Cleveland to Detroit
- Chicago to Detroit
- Washington to Detroit
- New Orleans to Detroit
- Pittsburgh to Detroit
- Boston to Detroit
Airports Near Detroit for Cheaper Flights:
- Windsor International Airport: 28.7 miles from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
- Oakland County International Airport: 39 miles from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
- Bishop International Airport: 74 miles from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
Major airports in Detroit
The city of Detroit has one major International Airport, called the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport. In close proximity to this, Detroit also has the Willow Run Airport, however it is categorised as a national reliever airport facility with no major airlines operating from it.
Detroit also has the Coleman A.Young Airport, which is not operational for commercial flights or passenger airplanes anymore. It currently serves only private and cargo airlines.
You can reach the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport at:Detroit,
Tips on how to get cheap flight tickets to Detroit
- To stay on top of updates about price drops in flight tickets, subscribe to our newsletter and avoid missing out on such exciting announcements.
- If you’re planning to fly to Detroit within the next few months, it is best to book your flight ticket at least a month or two prior to get the best deals possible.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the secret sweet spots when flight ticket prices are at the lowest. Take advantage by tuning in on these days and booking yourself the best options available.
- Make the most of shoulder season starting from early fall in September to early spring in March as flight tickets are at their cheapest during this time.
Flight Tickets to Detroid are usually the cheapest in January, owing to the cold weather in the area around that time.
Which are the three popular airlines flying to Detroit?
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- American Airlines
It is advised to visit Detroit in October and November which are the usual shoulder months. Most tourists flock the city in June, July and August leading flight tickets and hotels to become more expensive.
- Grand River Avenue
- Broadway Station
- Brush Street
- One Park Avenue
Near Attractions in Detroit
- Woodward Avenue
- Elmwood Park
- Capitol Park
- Eliza Howell
- Chandler Park
- Detroit is known as the birthplace of modern Techno Music which means tourists can enjoy a diverse range of techno clubs in the area.
- Detroit boasts of 1400 acres of salt mines which have over 100 miles of road for the Detroit Salt Company to operate.
- Detroit is often known as the Motor City as it was the first place to boast of a concrete highway and a four way traffic light.
- With the first ice cream soda having been invented in Detroit, the city has a variety of food to offer to tourists and visitors.
- The city of detroit is big on art, as the Detroit Art Museum alone has over 60,000 pieces in collection.
- Belle Isle Island, Detroit River
- Detroit Temple
- Fort Wayne, West Jefferson
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Henry Ford Museum
- Greenfield Village
- Museum of African American History
- Renaissance Center
- Comerica Park
- Detroit Antique Mall
- Morley Candy Factory
- Arab American National Museum, Dearborn
- Belle Isle Aquarium
- Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak
- Point Pelee National Park, Ontario: 40 miles from Detroit
- Frankenmuth, Michigan: 90 miles from Detroit
- Grand Rapids, Michigan: 160 miles from Detroit
- Silverlake Statepark, Michigan: 235 miles from Detroit
- Mackinac Island, Michigan: 290 miles from Detroit
- Plymouth Ice Festival ( January)
- Ann Arbor Folk Festival ( January)
- Detroit Boat Show ( February)
- Outdoorama ( February)
- Detroit Music Awards ( April)
- Downtown Hoedown ( May)
- Selfridge Air Show ( May)
- Detroit Electronic Music Festival ( May)
- Detroit Festival of the Arts ( June)
- Belleville National Strawberry Festival ( June)
- Michigan Jazz Festival ( July)
- Michigan Elvis Fest ( July)
- Michigan Statefair ( August)
- Michigan Renaissance Festival ( August)
- Woodward Dream Cruise ( August)
- Detroit Jazz Fest ( September)
- Northville Heritage Festival ( September)
- America’s Thanksgiving Parade ( November)
- Noel Night ( December)
- Santa at the Zoo Breakfast Fest ( December)
Currency: As the Michigan state is a part a part the United States, Detroit being its has the U.S Dollar as its official currency. However Detroit Community Scrip or the Detroit Cheers is a local currency which is accepted in the area and also backed by the U.S Dollar
Language: Even though English is the most widely spoken language in Detroit, Spanish and Chinese are also spoken among groups of various ethnicities who reside in the area.
Local Transport: The largest means of public transport in the area is the Detroit Department of Transportation which is essentially a bus system interconnecting all major and suburban areas in Detroit.